From Kay Kay <kaykay.uni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build and use hadoop-git
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 03:36:57 GMT
Start with hadoop-common to start building .

hadoop-hdfs / hadoop-mapred pull the dependencies from apache snapshot
repository that contains the nightlies of last successful builds so in
theory all 3 could be built independently because of the respective
snapshots being present in apache snapshot repository.

If you do want to make cross-project changes and test them -
* create a local ivy resolver and
* place it before the apache snapshot in the ivy settings .
* publish the jar for a given project to the directory pointed by the
ivy resolver in step 1
* clear ivy cache
* recompile.