From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Why DrWho
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:26:07 GMT
> For a while there has been a jira about removing all of the cases where we
> currently fork a subprocess and replacing it with a jni library. It would be
> lovely if someone did that. *smile*

I wrote such a native class for the local implementation of symlinks
(eg to make a jni callout for readlink() rather than use the shell)
but ran into issues integrating it into the native build due to all
the autgenerated files being checked in. I filed HADOOP-6436 for that
and will get to it soon, which will unblock the native class (that
either calls out to jni or the shell if the native lib isn't loaded)
which I'll send out.  I think that addresses HADOOP-4998.  In the mean
time I'm trying to get the first part of HDFS-245 in since that's been
dragging on.

View raw message