From Farhan Husain <farhan.hus...@csebuet.org>
Subject Configuration.set/Configuration.get now working
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:21:45 GMT
Hello,

I am using hadoop-0.20.1. I need to know the input file name in my map
processes and pass an integer and a string to my reduce processes. I used
the following method calls for that:

config.set("tag1", "string_value");
config.setInt("tag2", int_value);

In setup method of mapper:
String filename =
context.getConfiguration().get("map.input.file")            // returns null

In setup method of reducer:
String val =
context.getConfiguration().get("tag1");                                //
returns null
int n = context.getConfiguration().getInt("tag2",
def_val);                        // returns def_val

Can anyone please tell me what may be wrong with this code or anything
related to it?

Thanks,
Farhan