From Chris Dyer <redp...@umd.edu>
Subject Re: streaming job written in c++
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:40:50 GMT
I've written plenty of apps in c++ using the streaming interface-- you
just need to read from std::cin and write to std::cout.  Keys and
Values are separated by a tab.

Since Pipes doesn't give you access to very much of the Hadoop/MR
runtime (e.g., HDFS), and it's not a very idiomatic c++ interface
(e.g., it passes around vectors of strings by value) and doesn't
provide any of the usual JobConf convenience functions, I haven't
found reason to use it.

Chris