From Ives Aerts <ives.aerts+had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running only node-local jobs
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:24:36 GMT
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:06 AM, Ives Aerts wrote:
]>> Quick question: is it possible to configure a job such that its map
>> tasks will only run node-local?
>
> No, that is currently not possible without writing your own scheduler.

Too bad. Now I wouldn't mind writing my own scheduler (or subclassing
an existing one) and plugging it in but I had a quick look and it
seems that an important part of the task scheduling logic is actually
contained in the JobInProgress class which is instantiated by the
JobTracker. So even if I replace the scheduler I won't be able to
override that part of the functionality. Or am I missing something?

--
Cheers,
-Ives