From Gang Luo <lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject return in map
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 04:55:04 GMT
Hi all,
I got a tricky problem. I input a small file manually to do some filtering work on each line
in map function. I check if the line satisfy the constrain then I output it, otherwise I return,
without doing any other work below.

For the map function will be called on each line, I think the logic is correct. But it doesn't
work like this. If there are 5 line for a map task, and only the 2nd line satisfies the constrain,
then the output will be line 2, 3, 4, and 5. If the 3rd line satisfies, then output will be
line 3, 4, 5. It seems that once a map task meet the first satisfying line, the filter doesn't
work for following lines.

It is interesting problem. I am checking it now. I also hope someone could give me some ideas
on this. Thanks.

-Gang

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/