From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: "dfsadmin -report" says that i need "Superuser privilege". What? :)
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:46:44 GMT
Hey Pavel,

The "admin" / superuser for hadoop is the username who launched the daemons.

So, if you do "ps faux | grep hadoop", you should see some Java processes; the first column
of the output tells you what user they are running as.  That user is the super user.

Since you are already trying this as user "hadoop", I'm guessing that you need to run the
command as root.

Brian

On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:47 AM, pavel kolodin wrote:

>> Anyways, as per HADOOP-2659, dfsadmin are only meant for admin. Thanks!
>
> Who is "admin" for hadoop? (-; I have 2 users in OS: "hadoop" + "root" and i am running
all commands as "hadoop" (-;