From Huazhong Ning <n...@akiira.com>
Subject Help on processing large amount of videos on hadoop
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:25:24 GMT
Hi,

I set up a hadoop platform and I am going to use it to process a large amount of videos (each
size is about 500M-1G). But I met some hard issues:
1. The frames in each video are not independent so we may have problems if we split the video
into blocks and distribute them in HDFS.
2. The video is compressed but we hope the input to the map class is video frames. In other
words we need to put the codec somewhere.
3. Our codec (third party source code) takes video file name as input. Can we get the file
name?

Any suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks a lot.

Ning