From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: Web Interface Not Working
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 19:31:46 GMT
Todd,

They appear to be in the same place... the one thing I did change is I put my $HADOOP_HOME
in my hbase classpath. I doubt that would do anything though.

Either way, I can live without it. I just like the ability to see what's going on in a nicely
formatted way. This could be my excuse to set up cloudera desktop, heh.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Lipcon [mailto:todd@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:14 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Web Interface Not Working

Hi Mark,

Very strange. I've only seen this behavior when I've removed the hadoop jars
while the daemon was still running. Can you verify that the jars are still
in place where you expect them and haven't been moved, etc?

-Todd

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Mark Vigeant
<mark.vigeant@riskmetrics.com>wrote:

> Hey Todd,
>
> Yes, jobs are working. In fact, I have hbase running on top of it just fine
> right now, so I'm sort of confused. Jps shows the the namenode and
> jobtracker are running, and here is what curl http://127.0.0.1:50030/print out:
> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Directory: /</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
> <H1>Directory: /</H1><TABLE BORDER=0><TR><TD><A
> HREF="/WEB-INF">WEB-INF/&nbsp;</TD><TD ALIGN=right>4096
> bytes&nbsp;</TD><TD>Nov 30, 2009 $:58:56 PM</TD></TR>
> </TABLE>
> </BODY></HTML>
>
> For the record, when I said the UI wasn't working, I meant I saw
> "directory..." etc, as you would expect from looking at the HTML above.
> Thanks!
>
> -Mark

the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.