From Edmund Kohlwey <ekohl...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudera Distribution AMI For Hadoop
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:17:15 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use the cloudera distribution AMI for hadoop scripts on
OSX 10.6.

I've installed the prerequisites (boto, python 2.5, and simplejson)
through macports. They appear to be correctly installed.
I've also setup the environment variables AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY through bash in the usual fashion, and created the
appropriate ec2-clusters.cfg as described in the getting started doc.

When running hadoop-ec2 list I get the following trace

  Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/me/.cloudera-for-hadoop-on-ec2/hadoop-ec2", line 151, in
<module>
     list_all()
   File "/Users/me/.cloudera-for-hadoop-on-ec2/hadoop/ec2/commands.py",
line 46, in list_all
     clusters = get_clusters_with_role(MASTER)
   File "/Users/me/.cloudera-for-hadoop-on-ec2/hadoop/ec2/cluster.py",
line 29, in get_clusters_with_role
     all = EC2Connection().get_all_instances()
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/boto/ec2/connection.py",
line 69, in __init__
     self.region.endpoint, debug, https_connection_factory, path)
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/boto/connection.py",
line 446, in __init__
     debug,  https_connection_factory, path)
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/boto/connection.py",
line 169, in __init__
     self.hmac = hmac.new(self.aws_secret_access_key, digestmod=sha)
AttributeError: EC2Connection instance has no attribute
'aws_secret_access_key'

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

-Ed