From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web Interface Not Working
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:21:10 GMT
Mark Vigeant wrote:
> Todd,
>
> I followed your suggestion, shut down everything, restarted it, and the UI is still not
there. Jps shows NN and JT working though.

Web UI is precompiled JSP on jetty; the rest of the system doesn't need
it, and if the JSP JARs aren't on the classpath, Jetty won't behave.
  * make sure that you have only one version of Jetty on your classpath
  * make sure you only have one set of JSP JARs on the CP
  * make sure the jetty jars are all consistent (not mixing versions)
  * check that the various servlets are live (the TT and DNs have them).
No servlets: jetty is down.

I think you can tell Jetty to log at more detail, worth doing if you are
trying to track down problems.