From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: all or nothing?
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:47:18 GMT
If you are using a version of hadoop that has a scheduler, which appeared in
19, you can provide scheduling domains that include subsets of the machines
in your cluster, otherwise jobs fill as much of the cluster and the cluster
resources are shared somewhat unevenly among all of the currently running
jobs.