From horson <Too-much-extr...@gmx.de>
Subject writing files to HDFS (from c++/pipes)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:38:04 GMT

i want to write a file to hdfs, using hadoop pipes. can anyone tell me how
to do that?
Im using an external library that writes its output to disk, so probably i
have to read that output and write it to the distributed filesystem?
I found only FSDataOutputStream, a java class.
Can anyone help?
Moreover, can anyone tell me where i can find goot documentation about
hadoop pipes? Nearly everything i find is java specific or general
information about MapReduce. I looked at the hadoop pipes source and it
looked very restricted, can i do everything in hadoop pipes that possible in

Thank for your help