From hmar...@umbc.edu
Subject Re: Why DrWho
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:29:59 GMT
The construct needs to be OS agnostic, otherwise the usefulness is questionable. HAL
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Starry SHI <starrysl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:34:32
To: <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Why DrWho

Previous I have met the same problem. Hadoop use linux command "whoami" to
retrieve the current user, which is not supported in solaris. There are some
other errors caused by solaris in running hadoop. If you put hadoop in
Linux, these problems will disappear.

Starry

/* Tomorrow is another day. So is today. */