From Rob Stewart <robstewar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Hadoop Synthetic Load Generator
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:15:36 GMT
Hi there, I have a question about the synthetic load generator.

I think i'm missing something. So I have successfully tried the
LoadGenerator class to create the a directory for the root dir
"myTestLoadSpace", and subdir's are created, written to, and deleted when
the LoadGenerator is being run.

However, obviously I am in fact wanting to test the performance of the
NameNode on the Hadoop cluster, not my local filesystem (!).

So, how do I create a load space directory using DataGenerator within the
HDFS? And then, how do I run the LoadGenerator and use this HDFS directory
with LoadGenerator.

The following is clearly wrong, but it will give you an idea of what I'm
wanting to perform:

> java LoadGenerator -root HDFS:/user/me/loadSpace

Can you tell me what I'm missing?

thanks.

Rob Stewart