From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I change the block size and then restart?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:49:55 GMT
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Raymond Jennings III
<raymondjiii@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can I just change the block size in the config and restart or do I have to reformat?
 It's okay if what is currently in the file system stays at the old block size if that's
possible ?

Raymond,

The block size is actually a per file setting. Each client can set its
own block size assuming unless you marked the variables as <final> in
your configuration.

Changing the value does not change current blocks, it only serves as
default for new blocks.

Edward