From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Hadoop and Fedora, or Clouder Hadoop and Ubuntu?
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 03:31:15 GMT
Hi, guys,

sorry for kind of making you do my work, but I have a conundrum. I have been
developing on Ubuntu, and preferred to run the same Ubuntu Linux on EC2, and
indeed, that is what Amazon Elastic MR was giving me.

But now I am running my own cluster on EC2, and Apache Hadoop images are all
on Fedora. I have already figured out the scripts and it all works - except
that I have not tested on Fedora, and I do use Linux packages.

Alternatively, I could run on Cloudera's Hadoop, and they have Ubuntu. But,
I would probably to switch to their distribution in my code, and learn their
startup scripts.

Which way is better?

Thank you,
Mark