From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I upgrade from 0.18.3 to the latest 0.20.1?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 02:23:34 GMT
Thank you to all who answered on this thread. From your answers, it feels
like I will be OK if I run on 0.20.1 on my workstation, but I will not
change the code and not remove the deprecated API calls. Then I will get the
performance improvements of 0.20.1 but avoid additional work. My API calls
are pretty standard and straightforward.

It will then still work on EMR, and for my own clusters I will use Cloudera
or Yahoo distributions.

Again, thank you.

Mark