From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to build my own cluster - advice?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:14:25 GMT
Edmund,

I wanted to install OpenOffice and connect to it from my java code. I tried
to replicate the complete install by copying it, but there must be something
else there, because I can't connect on Amazon MapReduce, but I can on my own
cluster.

When you say cheaper, do you mean that keeping your own EC2 machines up and
using them as hadoop cluster is in the end cheaper than starting a Hadoop
cluster every time you want to run a job?

Thank you,
Mark