From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: how do i force replication?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:25:55 GMT
If you have upped your replication after you have created the file, (I
believe) one can also re-balance the cluster to ensure the replication
factor is consistent across the board by running :

bin/hadoop balancer

You might try running this and see whether it fixes your issue.

Kind regards
Steve Watt

Boris Shkolnik <borya@yahoo-inc.com>
11/19/2009 12:19 PM
Re: how do i force replication?

What is your configured replication level?
(<name>dfs.replication</name> in hdfs-site.xml or hdfs-default.xml)

One can specify replication when creating a file, but if you used put it
should've taken the one from the configuration.

If it is higher then 1 it should happen automatically.
If it doesn't look for errors in the logs.