From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: hadoop eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:57:04 GMT
Hi Le

I am actually taking a look at it right now. My intent is to identify any
issues with it and resolve them as well as to solicit new requirements
from the community and implement them. JIRA is down to today but what I
could garner from the Google cache is that it is not confirmed to work
consistently with Eclipse 3.4 but our users have had some success with
Eclipse 3.5. Which version are you using ? Where did you get the plugin
(from IBM DeveloperWorks or from the contrib directory?)

Steve Watt

Hi All,

Does anybody know whether the hadoop eclipse plugin is still maintained?
  I've tried the 0.18.0 and 0.18.3 plugins to talk to the hadoop 0.18.0
virtual machine, or an installed v0.18.3.  All trials have been
unsuccessful.

Btw, I closely followed the tutorial here:
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html but the plugin
still fails to communicate with HDFS on the VM.

Thanks,
Le