From "Matthias Scherer" <Matthias.Sche...@1und1.de>
Subject KeyValueTextInputFormat and Hadoop 0.20.1
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:10:27 GMT
Hi,

I started my first experimental Hadoop project with Hadoop 0.20.1 an run
in the following problem:

Job job = new Job(new Configuration(),"Myjob");
job.setInputFormatClass(KeyValueTextInputFormat.class);

The last line throws the following error: "The method
setInputFormatClass(Class<? extends InputFormat>) in the type Job is not
applicable for the arguments (Class<KeyValueTextInputFormat>)"

Job.setInputFormatClass expects a subclass of the new class
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.InputFormat. But KeyValueTextInputFormat is
only available as subclass of the deprecated
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.

Is there a way to use KeyValueTextInputFormat with the new classes Job
and Configuration?

Thanks,
Matthias