From Edmund Kohlwey <ekohl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to build my own cluster - advice?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:04:03 GMT
If all your dependencies are java based (like Open Office) you might try
using a dependency manager/build tool like maven or ant/ivy to package
the dependencies in your jar. I'm not sure if any parts of open office
are available in a public repo as maven artifacts or not, or if you want
to get into packaging artifacts for your build system, but its something
you might try.

I think its cheaper to just use EC2 anyways, so that might be a
motivating factor for you as well.