From Le Zhao <lez...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: hadoop eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:48:55 GMT
Hi Steve,

Glad to know you are trying to improve the code!

I'm probably not a good representation for the community, but here are
my needs:

I'm trying to design a Hadoop based inverted indexing homework for a
graduate level and also possibly an undergrad level technical class.  We
don't assume any knowledge of Hadoop from the students except basic M/R
concepts.

Thus, an intuitive and easy interface for programming hadoop, debugging
and testing would be great.  I test used the NetBeans plugin, it's quite
good: http://www.hadoopstudio.org

Thanks,
Le

ps, Jira is up now.  I used Eclipse 3.3.1 and 3.5, and I got the plugins
from the contrib directory of the particular hadoop distribution, so it
has part of the HADOOP-3744 patch, but not the application launch half.
  I've tried to recompile the patched plugin, but no success.