From Gang Luo <lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: how to read file in hadoop
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:47:38 GMT
Since no response to this question up to now, I'd like to discribe more details about it.

I try to read a file in HDFS and copy it to another file. It works well and I can see the
content by 'cat' is what it supposed to be. The only problems is that, when I read it to Bytes[]
and print it out to stdout, it is NOT what it should be. Thus, I cannot do anything (e.g.
comparison) except write it directely to another file.

I guess this problem may due to the setting of file format (text or binary) or coding (e.g.utf-8).
Can someone give me some ideas?

--Gang

----- 原始邮件 ----
发件人: Gang Luo <lgpublic@yahoo.com.cn>
收件人: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
发送日期: 2009/11/9 (周一) 11:47:02 上午
主   题: how to read file in hadoop

Hi all
I want to use HDFS IO api to read a result file of the previous mapreduce job. But what I
read is not the things in that file, say the content I print to stdout is different from what
I get from the console by command 'cat'. I guese there maybe some problem about the file format
(binary or text). Can anyone give me some hints?

Gang Luo

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!