From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Should I upgrade from 0.18.3 to the latest 0.20.1?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 02:11:28 GMT
Hi Mark-

Currently Amazon's EMR only runs Hadoop 0.18.3.

Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop has patched/tested packages for both Hadoop
0.18.3 and Hadoop 0.20.1 (as well as Pig, Hive, HBase and Zookeeper).  CDH2
was released August of this year as a "testing" release.  We expect to
promote is to "stable" in 4-6 weeks.  You can learn more at
http://archive.cloudera.com/docs/ or feel free to contact me directly
off-list.

-Matt