From aa...@buffalo.edu
Subject Doubt in Hadoop
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:19:46 GMT
Hello Everybody,
                I have a doubt in Haddop and was wondering if anybody has faced a
similar problem. I have a package called test. Inside that I have class called
A.java, Map.java, Reduce.java. In A.java I have the main method where I am trying
to initialize the jobConf object. I have written
jobConf.setMapperClass(Map.class) and similarly for the reduce class as well. The
code works correctly when I run the code locally via
jobConf.set("mapred.job.tracker","local") but I get an exception when I try to
run this code on my cluster. The stack trace of the exception is as under. I
cannot understand the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: test.Map
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:752)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getMapperClass(JobConf.java:690)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:83)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Markowitz.covarMatrixMap
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:720)
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:744)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: test.Map
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:673)
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:718)
        ... 7 more

Thank You

Abhishek Agrawal

SUNY- Buffalo