From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving Intermediate Results from the Mapper
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 02:27:45 GMT
You can manually write the map output to a new file, there are a number of
examples of opening a sequence file and writing to it on the web or in the
example code for various hadoop books.

You can also disable the removal of intermediate data, which will result in
potentially large amounts of data being left in the mapred.local.dir.