From kvorion <kveinst...@gmail.com>
Subject About Hadoop pseudo distribution
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:02:58 GMT

Hi All,

I have been trying to set up a hadoop cluster on a number of machines, a few
of which are multicore machines. I have been wondering whether the hadoop
pseudo distribution is something that can help me take advantage of the
multiple cores on my machines. All the tutorials say that the pseudo
distribution mode lets you start each daemon in a separate java process. I
have the following configuration settings for hadoop-site.xml:

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://athena:9000</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>athena:9001</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>2</value>
</property>

I am not sure if this is really running in the pseudo-distribution mode. Are
there any indicators or outputs that confirm what mode you are running in?