From Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating Sequence File in C++
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 03:07:17 GMT
Hello,

Let my Key-Value be something like BinaryWritables (my own class, but
something like this).  Is there a way to create the Sequence File
composed of several such key - values, without using Java?

Background:

I create objects using protocol buffers, my key and values are
serialized versions of these protocol buffer messages. These hadoop k-v
pairs that are exchanged in the mapreduce (and stored in both output and
input) are the serialized versions of these.

I would like to directly create sequence files using C++
and was curious if there is way to do this outside Java (and not have to
use JNI), as currently, its best to use a mapreduce job to convert my
textfiles to sequence files.

Thank you
Saptarshi