From "zjffdu" <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Using hadoop for Matrix Multiplication in NFS?
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 06:42:38 GMT
See my comments

-----Original Message-----
From: Gimick [mailto:gimmickivek@gmail.com]
Sent: 2009年11月12日 23:22
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Using hadoop for Matrix Multiplication in NFS?

Hi, I am new to hadoop.  I am planning to do matrix multiplication(of order
millions) using hadoop.

I have a few queries regarding the above.

i) Will using hadoop be a fix for this or should I try some other
approaches?

--- Hama maybe such a tool that fit for your requirement,
http://incubator.apache.org/hama/

ii) I will be using it in NFS.  Will using hadoop still be a good option?
--- If you want to use NFS, I guess you have to provide your own
InputFormat. So you'd better put your data into hdfs, it will make your work
easy and improve your program's performance

If I can use hadoop for this problem, could you plz send links to configure
hadoop-site.xml file for a nfs system.

P.S. I tried a few setup instructions via search, but everything seems to
give "Unable to connect to ...." error.