From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Terminate Instances Terminating ALL EC2 Instances
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:52:19 GMT
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that all your EC2 instances were terminated. Needless to
say, this should certainly not happen.

The scripts are a Python rewrite (see HADOOP-6108) of the bash ones so
HADOOP-1504 is not applicable, but the behaviour should be the same:
the terminate-cluster command lists the instances that it will
terminate, and prompts for confirmation that they should be
terminated. Is it listing instances that are not in the cluster? I
have used this script a lot and it has never terminated any instances
that are not in the cluster.

What are the names of the security groups that the instances are in
(both those in the cluster, and those outside the cluster that are
inadvertently terminated)?

Thanks,
Tom