From Hassaan Khan <hass...@cooliris.com>
Subject TaskTracker's totalMemoryAllottedForTasks is -1
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:06:00 GMT
Going back to the issue:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=Multinode+cluster+setup+issues#query:Multinode%20cluster%20setup%20issues+page:1+mid:qi45trv4fdfwugwf+state:results
And having gone over the steps pointed to in the response....I looked at the
TaskTracker, and on startup I see the following error:

WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: TaskTracker's
totalMemoryAllottedForTasks is -1. TaskMemoryManager is disabled.

A search for the error didn't help. But the slave box had 8GB of ram and my
Xmx is set to:

 <property>
    <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
    <value>-Xmx256m</value>
  </property>

in mapred-site.xml.

I've tried the following values: 2G, 1G, 512M, 256M
None work.
Also I only have 2 Mappers and 1 Reduce task

Hassaan Moin Khan