From Long Van Nguyen Dinh <munt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get IP address of the machine where map task runs
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 02:45:39 GMT
Thanks Amogh. For my application, I want each map task reports to me
where it's running. However, I have no idea how to use Java
Inetaddress APIs to get that info. Could you explain more?

Van

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Amogh Vasekar <amogh@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> For starters look at any monitoring tool like vaidya, hadoop UI ( ganglia too, haven't
read much on it though ). Not sure if you need this for debugging purposes or for some other
real-time app.. You should be able to get info on localhost of each of your map tasks in a
pretty straightforward way using Java Inetaddress APIs( and use that info for search?)