From Tom Wheeler <tomwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Typical Hardware for Name Node?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:53:31 GMT
I gave a presentation on Hadoop last night to a technical group
(http://lambdalounge.org/) here in St. Louis.  I pointed out that the
name node is currently a single point of failure and it's one place
where spending money for extremely reliable hardware is important.
Someone asked what type of machine people use for the name node, but I
could only describe what I've personally seen.

If anyone is willing to talk about their name node hardware, I'd love
to follow up at our next meeting with a more thorough answer than I
could give last night.

P.S. I've linked my presentation from the Wiki in case anyone's
interested in reading it:

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopPresentation

--
Tom Wheeler