From Brian Vargas <br...@ardvaark.net>
Subject Passing Properties With Whitespace To Streaming
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:10:20 GMT
Hi,

Using Hadoop 0.20 (CDH2) I'm trying to pass some JVM options to my child
tasks on the command-line, like this:

$ hadoop jar streaming.jar -D mapred.reduce.tasks=0 -D
'mapred.child.java.opts=-Xms200m -Xmx400m' -input foo.txt -output bar
-mapper /bin/cat

However, this fails with:
ERROR streaming.StreamJob: Unrecognized option: -Xmx400m

This used to work in 0.18 (although using -jobconf instead of -D).  Did
the generic command-line parser change between 0.18 and 0.20 to further
split the arguments on whitespace?  If so, how would one pass property
values containing whitespace?

Thanks for any thoughts!  Best!

Brian