From stephen mulcahy <stephen.mulc...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin in Hadoop 0.20.1
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:31:19 GMT
Gavin Ridgway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded Hadoop 0.20.1 and found that the eclipse plugin
> directory is missing from 'contrib'. It was present in 0.19.2 and 0.18.3.

I can't comment on why the binary has been removed but the source is
still in src/contrib/eclipse-plugin/

Note that the source as distributed doesn't currently build against
Eclipse 3.5 (and possibly 3.4) - but works fine if you apply the patch
from http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3744 it build and works
fine.

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, DI2, Digital Enterprise Research Institute,
NUI Galway, IDA Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway, Ireland