From Rebecca Owen <rebeccaow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DC Hadoop Users Group Meetup - October 16th, 2009 6:30 PM
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:09:30 GMT
Is there a Bay Area (Silicon Valley) user group that gets together?

Thanks!

--- On Thu, 10/8/09, Lalit Kapoor <lalitkapoor@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Lalit Kapoor <lalitkapoor@gmail.com>
Subject: DC Hadoop Users Group Meetup - October 16th, 2009 6:30 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 12:16 PM

Greetings,
    I would like to let everyone know that we will be having our 4th Hadoop
Users Group DC Meetup Friday, October 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM.

    This meetup will have a couple talks about some new non-relational
(#nosql, #altsql, #lesql) databases that are upcoming in the community as
well as a recap of events at Hadoop World in NYC (several Hadoop-DC members
attended and spoke there). Food and refreshments will be provided. There
will be giveaways & prizes.

    As always, attendees of all expertise levels are welcome to talk and ask
questions.

    Please confirm your attendance here:
http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-DC/calendar/11303458/

    More about our meetups: http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-DC/

*Location*
Sheraton Reston<http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-DC/venue/1069086/?eventId=11303458&popup=true>
11810 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
(703) 620-9000

*Agenda*

   - Mike Dirolf (http://twitter.com/mdirolf) , from MongoDB, is confirmed
   and will discuss Hadoop and MongoDB
   - Aaron Cordova (http://twitter.com/aaroncordova) will be talking about
   designing scalable column-oriented database
   - Joe Alex (http://twitter.com/joealex) will talk about Cassandra
   - Sharing what happened at the Hadoop World NYC

Sincerely,
     Lalit Kapoor (http://twitter.com/idefine)