From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Passing Properties With Whitespace To Streaming
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:21:03 GMT
Hi Brian,

Any chance you are using the Cloudera distribution? We did accidentally ship
a bug like this which will be ameliorated in our next release.

The temporary workarounds are:

a) edit /usr/bin/hadoop and change the $* to a "$@"  (including the quotes!)
or
b) use /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/hadoop instead of /usr/bin/hadoop

The fix (a) will be included in our release due out the end of this week.

Thanks
-Todd