From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Hadoop for File Conversion
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:39:51 GMT
Hadoop is very well suited for file conversion.
Do you have any more specific questions?

What you might do is give your hadoop job as input, a file or set of files
containing the paths or urls to the images you wish to convert
Then in your map task, load the image file, apply your conversion and save
it to your desired location, and then output the new location path/url as
the output of your map task.

You may wish to store the image files in hadoop.