From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended file-system for DataNode
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:14:10 GMT
Busy datanodes become bound by the metadata lookup times for the directory
and inode entries required to open a block.
Anything that optimizes that will help substantially.

We are thinking of playing with brtfs, and using a small SSD for our file
system metadata, and the spinning disks for the block storage.