From Huang Qian <skysw...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I deploy 100 blocks onto 10 datanodes with each node have 10 blocks?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:39:59 GMT
Hi everyone. I am working on a project with hadoop and now I come across
some problem. How can I deploy 100 files, with each file have one block by
setting the blocksize and controling the file size, on to 10 datanode, and
make sure each datanode has 10 blocks. I know the file system can deploy the
blocks automaticly, but I want to make sure for the assigns files, the files
will be deployed well-proportioned. How can I make it by the hadoop tool or
api?

Huang Qian(黄骞)
Institute of Remote Sensing and GIS,Peking University
Phone: (86-10) 5276-3109
Mobile: (86) 1590-126-8883
Address:Rm.554,Building 1,ChangChunXinYuan,Peking
Univ.,Beijing(100871),CHINA