From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HadoopDB and similar stuff
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:40:56 GMT
You don't really say what you want here.

Do you want a database that lives in hadoop's file storage?  Hbase is the
closest for that.

Do you want to be able to import or export data from hadoop to database?
There is a db input/output format (or three) that could help with that.
Cloudera has their sqoop software as well.

Do you want to tightly integrate SQL and map-reduce?  Asterdata has a
product that might help you.

Did you mean something else entirely?  Ask again with more details about
what you really want and I am sure somebody will help you out.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve