From Samprita Hegde <samprit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Ganglia with hadoop 0.19.0 on Amazon EC2
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:25:20 GMT
   I have been using the scripts provided in the hadoop-ec2-init-remote.sh.
But  whenever I try to connect to the master-node for ganglia metrics I
always get the message. "server is taking too long to respond".  The
documentation says to type in the command
bin/hadoop-ec2 proxy <cluster-name>   in our local machine and then  we
should be able to connect to the mater node using its  public dns (example:
"http://ec2-174-129-99-201.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ganglia")  to view the
cluster status and other metrics. Please correct me if I am wrong . I have
followed the steps mentioned there . But I am not able to see the ganglia in
my browser. I suspect there is php script or something which parses the XML
data and renders it on to the browser.

@ Matt,
   I have done all the steps that you have mentioned. Can you please tell
what are the next steps that I shoudl do?

Thanks and Regards,