From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Running Hadoop on cluster with NFS booted systems
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:02:48 GMT

On 9/23/09 2:42 PM, "Nick Rathke" <nick@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
> Hadoop runs fine on nodes IF the node uses a local OS install, but don't
> work when I netboot. Under netboot I can see that the slaves have the
> correct Java processes running, but the hadoop web page never shows the
> nodes as available.

This sounds like an inability to write to something like /tmp or some other
directory in the hadoop configs. There are multiple hadoop web pages, so not
sure if you are referring to JT or NN or what.  But check the the *.out file
and the *.log files to see why the processes are dying.

View raw message