From S B <sonata...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop On Cluster
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:32:15 GMT

Hello Everyone!

May be a stupid question.

I want to install and configure Hadoop on a cluster for our users with SGE support.

We have a scrarch space that is NFS moutned across each of the compute nodes for every
user on our system. Ideally I would like to set this up so that every user runs their hadoop
job within their scratch space. Is this possible, if yes can you provide me some reference
to any docs.

Does it defeat the Hadoop purpose/design of distributed resources and computing?

Thansks!
-SB