From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.20.1 release announcement...
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:34:00 GMT
On Sep 20, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Andy Sautins wrote:

>   But the hdfs and mapreduce projects show the 0.20.0 release which
> is inconsistent since the links all download from hadoop/core/ which
> shows hadoop-0.20.1 as the current stable release:
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/releases.html
> http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/releases.html
>

>    That's a little confusing.  Also note that the documentation link
> for mapreduce and hdfs show 0.20.0 while common shows 0.20.1.  From
> installing 0.20.1 it includes common/hdfs/mapreduce so I suspect all
> 3 pages should show the same release/documentation links.  Is that
> true?  If it is I'd be happy to help with the task if it's something
> that needs to be done.

There are in fact, no releases yet of HDFS and MapReduce, since they
were split out a couple of months ago. The proper fix is to remove
their 0.20.0 links and make them point to the documentation for the
common 0.20.1 release documentation. Please file a jira in HDFS and
MapReduce and attach a patch relative to the documentation in http://svn.apache.org/respos/asf/hadoop/hdfs/site
http://svn.apache.org/respos/asf/hadoop/mapreduce/site

Thanks,
    Owen