From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can not stop hadoop cluster ?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:57:32 GMT
Jeff Zhang wrote:
> My cluster has running for several months.

> Is this a bug of hadoop? I think hadoop is supposed to run for long time.

I'm doing work in HDFS-326 on making it easier to start/stop the various
hadoop services; once the lifecycle stuff is in I'll worry more about
the remote management and configuration aspects.

> And will I lose data if I manually kill the process ?

-If you let all the work run out before  killing the jobtracker, then no
work in progress will be lost

for the filesystem I'd say "probably not". Have you been running a
secondary namenode? If so, restart time will be less than if you were not.

If it is just the PID files missing, you could recreate them by
-working out the process ID (via jps -v )
-creating the files by hand

View raw message