From stephen mulcahy <stephen.mulc...@deri.org>
Subject Hadoop 0.20.1 (a big secret?)
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:41:47 GMT
Howdy,

I'm about to install a new hadoop cluster here and I'm wondering which
Hadoop to install.

Looking at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html suggests its
either 0.19.2 or 0.20.0 but looking in
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/www.apache.org/dist/hadoop/core/ I see
0.20.1 has been sitting there since 01-Sep-2009.

A quick google suggests Cloudera are going to base their next release on
0.20.1 so I'm taking this as an indication that 0.20.1 is ready for
primetime.

Did I miss the announcement on 0.20.1 or is there some reason why it's
being kept quiet so far (if so, apologies for publicising it ;)?

Thanks,

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, DI2, Digital Enterprise Research Institute,
NUI Galway, IDA Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway, Ireland