From "David B. Ritch" <david.ri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decommissioning Individual Disks
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:06:49 GMT
Thank you both.  That's what we did today.  It seems fairly reasonable
when a node has a few disks, say 3-5.  However, at some sites, with
larger nodes, it seems more awkward.  When a node has a dozen or more
disks (as used in the larger terasort benchmarks), migrating the data
off all the disks is likely to be more of an issue.  I hope that there
is a better solution to this before my client moves to much larger
nodes!  ;-)

dbr